Our outsourced FD team offers our clients access to top level finance professionals who will offer insightful advice at every stage of the business cycle.
Our outsourced FD team offers our clients access to top level finance professionals who will offer insightful advice at every stage of the business cycle – a journey they’ve all been on themselves, many times over.
Depending on our client’s needs we can work intensively in-house on interim placements or on a regular basis (typically a day a week or a day a month) enabling you to have confidence in your performance and plan ahead.
We believe that access to finance directors should be possible for all business leaders whether you are a startup, experiencing difficulty or have an opportunity to expand. That’s why we recently launched our ‘FD Lite’ which enables businesses access to our highly experienced finance directors from just £150 per month. Feel free to contact us for a free consultation.
What we do
- Cash flow
“GJC’s strategic input has transformed my business. Revenue is up 97% year on year and we have a clear plan to continue growth at that kind of level.”
- Acquisition policy leads to £22.3 million investment
- Building from £6 million turnover to £57.5 million in 3 years
- Led 3 successful business exits with a combined value of over £65M
- Led 2 successful acquisitions and subsequent integrations into the wider group
- Management of all key advisors, including setting terms of reference, managing appointment process and driving workflow throughout a transaction
- Extensive financial and taxation due diligence experience both as seller and buyer
- Preparation of Information Memorandums and supporting financial projections
- Drafting and negotiation of Share Purchase agreements, warranties and indemnities
- Involved in two business start-ups and have 10 years + experience as a small business owner in the hospitality and entertainment sector
- Interim FD for Continental Product Engineering, an acquisition in August 2019; financial integration of the acquisition into Wolseley UK, fair value accounting, commercial opportunity review post acquisition
- Management of the annual Branch Targets exercise; branch level budgeting of revenue (£350m), margin and overheads for over 40 profit and cost centres including budget model preparation, consolidation and commercial evaluation/challenge. Key stakeholder management including Pillar owners, Regional Directors, Branch Managers and the Senior Team
- Commercial evaluation and ongoing project involvement of a major Transport project involving additional software to offer more cost effective load and route planning, annual cost savings circa £2.5m
- Business partnering including review of branch profitability involving closures, relocation, branch performance and Customer/Branch product alignment
- Revenue forecasting and strategic planning; variance analysis and decision support, £110m turnover
- Operating at senior/board level in diverse locations throughout UK, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pac
- Created business models and plans for raising finance for short term working capital support, M&A or capital investment.
- Improved working capital and cash management, such as stockturn up by 50% and DSO cut by 30%.
- Successfully negotiated (and adhered to) payment plan with HMRC for PAYE & VAT of £1.8m.
- Successfully raised finance through funding by HNWI and family offices, asset backed finance, factoring and invoice discount financing, property sale and lease back and bank finance (loans and overdraft). Also successfully renegotiated extension of £26m loan with RBS’ GRG.
- Managing regulatory compliance issues with good understanding of local and International legislation
- Providing all aspects of finance up to ‘C’ level for organisations with turnover of up to £100+ million
- Developed excellent working relationships with professional advisers including auditors and lawyers. Delivered a 20% increase in EBITDA through increased fee rates, efficiency savings and control of costs;
- Changing financial reporting from Sage to Quickbooks in line with the US parent company reporting ($1.5b sales worldwide)
- Vat reporting in 26 Eu countries, including intrastats and EC sales
- Renegotiated various supplier contracts including telephones, computer hardware, premises, car fleet, IT development and office consumables resulting in a saving of circa 80% on telephones, 50% on premises and 75% on IT development. Forecast annual savings were c£6m.