At the heart of your business success is understanding the needs of your customers and this is where marketing plays a critical role. Establishing a business, however large or small, is merely the first step. Marketing spans the entire process of delivering a product or service to a customer: from choosing which products to sell and where to sell them, to how to price and promote them.
At GJC we can help you develop strategies that work across all customer touchpoints both on and offline, ensuring you standout out in a crowded marketplace, educate your customers and build a strong reputation.
What we do
- Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Brand Positioning
- Customer Insights
- Marketing Planning
- Concept Development
- Digital Transformation
“"Kam has been instrumental in bringing my new business from concept to fruition. Kam has a friendly and unassuming nature and takes time to get to know you as a client and more importantly the business’ imminent and future marketing needs. While Branding and Marketing is Kam’s forte, she has an excellent understanding of business KPI’s and other performance indicators. Kam goes above and beyond consistently, always showing ROI, which as an owner of an SME is of upmost importance. A now valued advisor, I would highly recommend her services"”
- Launched a £5 million E-commerce business during lockdown where all her staff were on furlough. Taking full responsibility of the digital strategy as well as continuing to develop the in-store guest experience through all consumer touchpoints.
- Digital Leadership Strategy – for an international telecoms company, this project focused on positioning, the competitive environment and consumer propositions along with the impact of technology developments , while accounting for existing and potential capabilities (e.g. skills gaps and organisational silos).
Designed new sales and marketing strategy for multi-site hospitality business (pubs, bars, hotels, restaurants & retail outlets) and implemented through team to deliver £3m of incremental sales in 12 months.
- Instrumental in securing a deal with Sainsbury’s, which sees a selection of Patisserie Valerie products available in their in-store bakery from October 2020 in 150 stores. Responsibilities included range recommendation, commercial proposition, the customer journey – including insights and all brand communications for both on and offline.
- E-commerce Strategy – for a client that recognised it was under-performing in this space and concerned about future impact on market share, initially international best practice benchmarking research was used to identify the most important areas to address (from both a competition and customer-centric point of view). Following this, top priorities were identified and for each of these, an optimum approach (taking account of resource requirements) was developed, that including partnering, and in-house development options.
- Developed a new brand proposition to attract wider demographic and grow market share for large scale multi-site food & beverage operator.
- Successfully developed and implemented a new brand proposition and strategic direction for a Hotel and Spa chain in just 3 months. This included complete overhaul of look and feel, new booking engine, website (including UX), photography plus all marketing collateral. This achieved a 5% growth in customer database, highest social engagement to-date, +7% online sales growth YOY.
Conducted Digital marketing strategy review resulting in implementation of new multi functional wifi platform, database segmentation, e-marketing communications and redesign of all websites delivering 120% growth through highly engaged customer database.
- Developed and implemented the brand proposition and strategic direction for Punch Taverns new mainstream retail concept across 120 sites. Delivering over 8% ahead of budget across food and drink.
- Consumer Technology Adoption Benchmarking – developed a research programme, database and enquiry facility for use by technology companies addressing consumer markets, enabling them to position their own offerings for maximum impact.
- Key Account Development – identified companies where the client was underperforming in sales and relationship term, designed and implemented a customised approach to each target, leading to a 250% increase in business levels in a single year and a 10 times increase over five years.
- New Product and Service Development – using client’s existing portfolio as a starting point, adjacent sector (new client) and extension selling (existing client) opportunities were identified and a business plan was designed and implemented, leading to revenue and pipeline improvements in the lead-up to an IPO, that improved the achievable share price at flotation.
Set up wedding concierge service for multi-site wedding venue business in response to Covid restrictions, rearranging over 650 booked weddings, taking new bookings and limiting refunds to under 10% of total bookings.
- Delivered the new Holiday Inn Open Lobby concept across the UK and Europe estate. This project was designed to overhaul the guest experience in public spaces. The program won the best hotel innovation award at Worldwide Hospitality awards.
Redesigned food service & retail business during the pandemic, developing online shopping, a click and collect service and takeaway food & drinks, delivering 15% weekly sales growth.
Set up online gift voucher solution for inn business delivering additional £70k net of costs in 10 months whilst also growing in venue voucher sales.
- Implemented the LEGOLAND Marketing plan, covering all forms of communication: In park, advertising, product promotions, social media activity and web. Achieved 7% growth in admissions volume and revenue for the resort plus launched the new on-site hotel that delivered 20% above revenue target.
Secured numerous business awards and accolades for businesses including Good Pub Guide ‘Pub Group of the Year’ and The Publican Awards ‘Best Accommodation Operator.’