With just under 20 years of marketing experience in the food, drink and leisure sector, Kam has a reputation for delivery. She has worked with JD Wetherspoons, Lego Resorts, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Punch and most recently as a Marketing Director for Patisserie Valerie where she successfully launched a delivery service during lockdown and was instrumental in securing a significant deal for the brand in a major supermarket group
She is a strategic and creative thinker with strong interpersonal skills but above anything else she understands how consumers think in this sector.
- Successfully launched and developed a brand new innovative home delivery service “Pat Val Prem” through a new E- commerce platform during the lockdown period. This initiative alone achieved staggering results within the first month of launch and is set to drive £5million projected revenue for this year.
- Instrumental in securing a deal with national supermarket chain, which sees a selection of Patisserie Valerie products available in their in store bakery from September 2020 in 150 stores and through their own online shopping channel. My responsibilities included range recommendation, commercial proposition, the customer journey – including insights and all brand communications for both on and offline.
- Led the team on developing and delivering a new brand proposition across all customer touchpoints. The work included an interrogation of the existing brand, overhauling its values, revisiting the segmentation, developing the strategic direction of the brand, what the proposition should be, and introducing a new look and feel.
- Introduced a stronger food and drink offering whilst also driving margin improvements of around 4%. Key focus areas were improving the coffee offer but also introducing a much higher quality food proposition. This included a new evening day part and 4 brand new afternoon teas, to allow us to own this space at a national level. Given the current climate, the majority of the estate is reporting 70% LFL which was budgeted at 50%.
- As part of our social media and content strategy I managed key relationships with social influencers.We have seen a significant increase in engagement across all social channels.
- Worked with an external agency on developing a brand new app to support customers through the current climate. This included a new table booking service, loyalty program, click and collect and customer
Marketing Director – November 19 to date
- Responsible for leading and directing all marketing activities (on and offline), food/patisserie development and customer service functions for the brand across our 2 business areas, the retail estate (67 stores) and e-commerce platform.
- Lead and mentor a team of 6.
- Creation and management of the full innovation pipeline for the business.
- Stakeholder management at board level plus maintaining strong relationships across all business units and key external partnerships.
Interim Group Marketing Director – March 19 to November 19
- Responsible for developing the strategic marketing plan, aligning to group growth strategy and initiatives, working across all businesses to drive a customer-centric organisation.
- Led and mentored a team of 12 marketers and creatives.
- Oversaw and directed all marketing activities including: print, content marketing, digital performance marketing, events, PR, ATL and internal communications.
- Established and maintained appropriate relationships at board level plus other key stakeholders across the business, identifying and deploying best practice collaboratively.
Senior Marketing Concept Manager – March 17 – March 19
- Responsible for the mainstream segment, accounting for Punch’s largest estate in the retail division – over 100 pubs, 3 concepts – including the local community pub, its premium-led offer and Sports brand.
- Developed and implemented the brand proposition and strategic direction for the 3 new concepts. From initial concept creation to implementation and post review.
- Ensured that the guest experience was at the heart of all work streams carried out and never compromised.
- Built extensive cross functional relationships, gaining in depth knowledge and experience at an operational and pub level.
Senior Brand Manager – September 2016 – March 2017
- Responsible for all KitchenCraft brand development covering over 20 brands, 4500 skus (£48 million turnover).
- Developed and implemented the communications strategy covering packaging, in store, POS, advertising, PR, digital and sales initiatives.
- Senior stakeholder management experience, working across various teams within the business.
Senior Brand Manager – January 2015 – September 2016
- Developed and implemented the brand communications strategy for the Holiday Inn Brand family, raising its profile amongst key stakeholders and consumers.
- Ensured that the guest experience is at the heart of all work streams carried out.
- Extensive cross functional experience, working alongside various teams and stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.