A proven track record of delivering increased profitability, raising capital and securing corporate finance for companies from internationals to start ups.
He has operated at senior/board level in diverse locations throughout the UK, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pac. Ian has significant experience in managing change including start-ups, liquidations, redundancy and mergers & acquisitions, J.V’s. He is also skilled in negotiating with banks and other investors to satisfy financial requirements and due diligence.
- achieved professional qualifications in both UK and USA with specialised training for Global operations
- managed full lifecycle of flotation on Canadian Stock exchange and achieved 100% take-up on share offerings
- consistently delivered improvements over a long career by re-engineering entire business infrastructures
- provided coaching, training and mentoring to build cohesive teams comprising expatriate and local staff
- led planned contraction and expansion plans and investigated new multi-sector business opportunities
- maintained success in development of a number of tax-efficient, Global businesses with modern IT systems
- developed good understanding of International standards including IFRS and US GAAP
- Operating at senior/board level in diverse locations throughout UK, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pac
- Managing regulatory compliance issues with good understanding of local and International legislation
- Providing all aspects of finance up to ‘C’ level for organisations with turnover of up to £100+ million
- Managing change including start-ups, liquidations, redundancy and mergers & acquisitions, J.V’s.
- Negotiating with banks and other investors to satisfy financial requirements and due diligence
- Accepting responsibility for roles including Finance Director, Company Secretary and HR manager
- Working with external agencies and professionals including IT and Public Relations specialists
Independent Consultant & Group Chief Financial Officer, Director and Shareholder
- Providing Exploratory and Production Drilling Services to the Mining Industry.
- Operating in West (and previously Central) Africa, scoping for new business opportunities in the South Americas, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
- Responsible for Finance, Accounting, HR, Administration and Taxation.
- Tax Planning and International Corporate restructure and re-organisation.
- Disposal of Central African Operations and concentration of resources in
West Africa – Guinea, Liberia and Cote D’Ivore.
- Upgrading reporting Systems and recruiting/training staff. Production of management
and Statutory Information.
- Negotiating Bank and Asset Finance
- Acting as Operational CEO on a necessity basis.
- Based as a Resident in Conakry Guinea and Dubai UAE
Consultant and retained Advisor
- Establishing and developing an Affiliate, Beta and Membership business from its Concept.
- Exposure to Social Media and digital marketing.
- Investigated Capital Funding through Venture Capital and Crowd Funding
- R&D of defence and protection products, at the cutting edge of technology. Global sales and aspirations. Negotiating Joint Ventures, Royalty and Intellectual Property Agreements, International Taxes, Contracts. Expansion into Middle East, Asia, USA and Africa. Investigating raising Venture and Private Capital
- provided business management and analysis services to identify potential for improvement
- created and implemented business plans to deliver efficient and cost effective operations
- introduced technological solutions including Business and Financial Reporting systems
- set up future-proof systems to support business continuity and programmes of expansion
- carried out analysis and financial procedures to provide realistic business valuations
Group Chief Financial Officer/Company Secretary
- leading a multifunctional team with responsibilities for business Finance, Administration, HR, IT and Inventory
- initially tasked with carrying out a strategic review of all financial and business administration
- restructured the Company to deliver a tax-efficient Global structure with modern IT systems
- provided efficient and cost effective infrastructure to support rapid Company expansion
- created prospectus and financial requirements prior to flotation on Toronto Stock Exchange
- worked with Public Relations Consultants, speaking at meetings in Canada, US and Africa
- completed flotation within a four-month period with 115% take-up on share offerings
- conducted negotiations and due diligence in anticipation of merger with Canadian Company
- negotiated facilities with International Banks and Government backed Asset Finance
- utilised knowledge of the sector gained from extensive experience
- negotiated terms of business with specialist suppliers of equipment, goods and services
- managed the recruitment process and networked with specialists in UK and South East Asia
- researched financial requirements for the business including manufacturing and distribution
- created guidelines to ensure regulatory compliance both Nationally and Internationally
- provided a robust business plan to support clients in negotiations with backers
- Certified Public Accountants – Fellow (CPA) USA
- Chartered Association of Certified Chartered Accountants Fellow (FCCA) UK
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (E&W) – Fellow (FCA) (& BFP*) UK.
- Association of International Accountants – Fellow (FAIA) UK
- Institute of Financial Accountants – Fellow (FFA, FIPA) UK & Australia
(Retired Member from the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators MCIArb – UK)
(*Institute of Chartered Accountants (E&W) – Qualified Business Finance Professional)